Monday, October 27, 2008

I can't blink

Or another week will be gone! Seriously, I can't believe how fast they go - it amazes me every time!!
It's now Monday night and I just don't know where the last week went! I know we had gymnastics Monday night and I really have no idea about Tuesday through Thursday. I think we just hung out at home those evenings although they must have been quite uneventful because I just can't think of anything noteworthy!!!
Friday night, Tony invited a few people from his work over to play cards. I called it a night by around 1:00 - they were going strong until about 3 in the morning. We were all VERY lazy Saturday. I was just plain old tired. Tony was a bit more hungover than tired and Hannah just loves the days that she gets to stay in her jammies!! She and I got dressed later that afternoon and we went out shopping for a little bit.
Sunday, we went to Maci's 4th Birthday Party. Happy Birthday Maci (it's actually the 28th). I can't believe she's 4 already!! They just had a family party this year over at Shelly's dad's house. It was nice. Here's a few happy birthday pictures.


And here she is opening some presents.

And look who came to Maci's birthday....SANTA!!!!

It was a good test as to what's to come in a few months. I think we'll do much better this year! When he first got there, Hannah noticed him right away and said, "Santa's here"...with a very cautious watch over him. After dinner, she asked me to get her cup which I knew was at the table, but because he was sitting there, she wasn't feeling brave enough to go get it. During cake, he was across from her and they began talking and she got comfortable enough to start rattling off her list to him!!! And finally, while Maci was opening her presents, Hannah actually sat on his lap for this picture. And she's been talking about him since. Tonight in the car, she informed me that Santa was building her Barbie's Diamond Castle - OK, so how could she NOT get that now??? Does anyone know if that is something more than a movie??? I guess I need to hit Toy's R Us to make sure that he delivers the thing he's "building for her"!!!
And here's Baby Reece - she's getting so big and she's so stinking cute!!
And how about these cool pumpkins Shelly's dad carved?

And then Hannah and Maci got dressed up in Maci's new princess dresses. That was fun until the fact that Hannah didn't get a nap happend. It was 3:30 and time to go!!! She napped for a whole 5 minutes in the car. She tried laying down when she got home, but she didn't sleep.

I got home from grocery shopping and Dawn, Kendal and John were over. Hannah was eating celery like it was going out of style which was totally weird because I didn't know she ate celery at all!!! They hung out at our house for a while. Here they are coloring with Hannah.

Then that was about it. Today, work went super fast and then Hannah had gymnastics again tonight. That continues to go very well. She has finally mastered hopping on one leg, although she can only do one side, not the other yet. She's been practicing at home - a lot - she's got such determination. If she wants to do something, she will work at it until she can do it. She doesn't have a lot of patience as she's failing, but she keeps trying until she gets it!! She now likes doing the activites on the bars at gymnastics because "Miss Kim (her teacher) showed her how to do it so it don't hurt her belly" and she's discovered it's actually fun going upside down!!!

No comments: