We had a perfect fall weather day. Cool, but sun-galore! We got there around 11 this morning and took a hayless wagon ride over to the "fun fest" grounds.
Then Hannah got to check out all the slides in the "hay barn" as she called it. That was fun, but she was a little skiddish, suprisingly. There were alot of kids in there and some were playing kind of rough.
Then we went through the corn mazes. There was one for little kids and another one for everyone. That was fun, although not very challenging! This brought back memories of walking through Grandpa's corn field a few months ago, but this one actually had a path to walk along.
Then Hannah rode on the pedal tractors - she got a blue one. (Sorry, Dad, that was the only one available at the time!!)
Oh, and Dad, this one is for you - check out this cool thing to climb on and there's a slide out the back end of it!!
We took another wagon ride pulled by two horses and then we headed into the woods for some more big slides and treehouses. That was sure fun and the slides were very impressive!!
Then Hannah took a pony ride. We weren't quite sure how she'd do, but she loved it! She kept saying, "it's kinda bumpy" as we walked along. The pony's name was Blackjack and she really enjoyed riding!
Lastly, she painted a pumpkin. She seemed to have fun with that too, but she was getting tired.
She ate two apples and really had a good time!! I'm so glad we went.
In other news, Hannah has a serious obsession with balloons. Probably because I wouldn't let her have one for the first 2 years of her life since I have a weird phobia of them around little kids. Anyway, a few months ago, she went to church with my mom one Sunday and they did a balloon launch. Well, Hannah thought that was the most disturbing thing - all those kids let their balloons go up into the sky. Hannah took her's home that day with her and carried it around all day. She really gets quite attached to every balloon she gets. Anyway, she tells this story all the time. So last night, we were out to dinner and the waitress asked if she wanted a balloon - well, duh, of course she did! So I asked Hannah if we should let it go like the kids at church and she instantly broke out into serious tears!!! I had to calm her down and promise we wouldn't let the balloon go. She made Daddy hold it tight inside the car the entire ride home!! Crazy. So anyway, I went grocery shopping after we got home from the fall fest thing and I got a call. Hannah woke up from her nap to find her treasured balloon losing it's flying power and wilting along the ground. DEVISTATION!! Like in a very serious tantrum-throwing kind of way. She was seriously heartbroken. They called me and in hysterics all she could tell me was "My Balloon" I had to go to the party store and buy her another one. Yes, I got a mylar one this time that should hopefully get us through the week!! Crisis averted!

No comments:
Post a Comment