Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back to the Bedroom

So way back when, I started redoing our bedroom. That project was put on hold to do Hannah's new big girl room since we were going to need her room for the new baby....geez, that was a long time ago since Nicholas is almost a year old already!

So I picked up where I left off in June of 2009 this past month. A few weekends ago, I was bored, so I decided to finish ripping off the border that was in our room. It was amazing that one and a half walls took me 5 hours...that was some serious wallpaper paste! I worked on patching the holes and ripping out the woodwork on Martin Luther King Day when I was off work.

I took a couple vacation days yesterday and today to get some more work done. I feel like it's finally coming together! I got the ceiling painted yesterday and then the walls and woodwork done today. I also changed out all the outlets to white outlets and covers. I'm at a place that it feels like a new room enough to finally put on the new bedding that's been sitting on top of our amoire for a year and a half! It looks really nice and the room is very warm, maybe a little dark, but I think I'm going to like it!







I've still got to redo the closet - that will be the next step of this project. I'll probably take a couple days off again in the next week or two to do that. I also need to order new blinds, buy and paint the new woodwork and door and order new closet doors. Then we'll get new carpet and it'll be finished.
So at least for the time that we're going to be in this house (until we can build our new one that we so badly want to do soon!), we'll have a nice newly updated bedroom!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like the bedding, looks great, Mary!