So I fessed up about our little mishap when he was a week old. Since then, we've been really busy - and safe! We unfortunately had to go to the funeral of my mom's Aunt Norma. Norma had been one of the youngest 90-something I knew (I think she was 93). We saw her in January for the family birthday party and she was spunky as usual. She had just been given some bad health news and went in for testing just after that birthday weekend. The news after that was even worse and she immediately lost her will to live. She was in a nursing home to take care of her for a month. She really was ready to die, but she wanted to wait until our baby was born so the circle of life could be complete. Nicholas was born on her birthday - pretty cool, huh, and Norma died the following Tuesday. It was nice to see some family with Nicholas, but still unfortunate as to why we were all together. Anyway, Norma knew Nicholas was born on her birthday so we were all happy that the events happened as they did. Now she is resting peacefully with her loved ones who have already passed, something she was very ready to do.
Then that weekend, I went to Maggie's baby shower. Molly was still in the hospital, but I'm happy to report she finally came home!!! I think she was in for a little over 2 weeks, so I'm so glad for all of them to now be home!! The shower was very nice and taking Nicholas with me was easy since he slept the entire time!! Here is "un-pregnant" Maggie and I that day:
Also, my sister was in town. She came to visit last Sunday before she left for the airport. It was nice that she could meet her new nephew, but I have to say, I think she does a little better with the more self-sufficient 4 year old niece!!! She loves to get Hannah all hyped up and running around the house playing loudly! They had fun playing in her room.
I had a long outing with Nicholas last week doing some shopping. I had to get groceries and all the stuff to make his birth announcements. Tony's working late Monday's and Tuesday's now, so I have 2 evenings home alone with both kids (so funny to say that!!!). It's been going well so far.
Last Tuesday was Bible Study so we went next door to Laura's house. They enjoyed seeing Nicholas. I went into work twice last week to do some printing and pick up and drop off stuff I was working on. I guess I was doing a little showing off of the little man too - the girls went nuts over him!!! I spent most of the day last Wednesday working on the monthly forecast for work - I did that from home. We went to gymnastics last Thursday - no accidents!!! I tried to take a couple pictures of Hannah, but the picture quality in that gym is awful! There are seriously a million orbs in the pictures I take, so there's some sort of truth to orbs being present where there's a lot of energy - very strange! She's doing great in her new class and she's really doing well at some of her skills.

Mr. Nicholas has his days and nights a little mixed up. We're working hard at getting that fixed! He still sleeps a lot during the day, although he has more awake time every day. I think he pretty much doesn't like sleeping in his bassinette. I had been giving into him and bringing him in bed with me or sleeping with him on the couch, but I just don't want to start that habit with him, so I'm working hard at sticking to the bedtime routine I want to have. It's extremely frustrating though when he fusses all night long when I'm trying to sleep, especially when he sleeps all day (and I don't rest enough - shame on me). He's had a couple good nights though where he does sleep for 3-4 hours by himself. We'll get there, I just have to remember these phases don't last long in the big scheme. He likes to sleep with me or Tony - on our chest or in our arms.
He also likes his swing and bouncy seat....look at how he layed his head back and his binky flipped over his nose!!!
He also took a bottle already, so that's encouraging to know I can leave him with Tony for a while and he'll be fine. I've got a TON of milk frozen already, so we're good to go for a while!

Nicholas had his 2 week check up last Thursday. His only job was to get back to his birth weight of 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and he surpassed that! He was 8 pounds 10 ounces. His lenght didn't change - still 20-1/2 inches. I forgot to ask the percentiles for his size, but looking online, it seems to be between 50-75%. She said everything was great and he seems to be doing very well. We go back when he's 2 months.
Friday morning, Hannah had her 4 year old check up too. She's doing great too. She's 35 pounds and 40 inches tall, which puts her at 75th percentile for her age. She got 3 shots and did really well during them. She was so brave and this was the first time I think her shots made me cry with her. She did really well though and shook it off quickly. These were the first ones they gave her shots in her arms.
Saturday seems like a blur!!! I know Tony took Hannah swimming and my sister in law came over with the kids - Krista was in town. I think we all took a nice long nap during the afternoon and I went to Shelly's for a book party in the evening with Nicholas I'd never hearsd of a book party before, but it's just another home party to sell stuff we don't need! I mean books are great, but we've got a million already! I still got a couple new ones though - Easter gift for one thing. Tony took Hannah on a date! She loves going out with him for special Daddy time. Sunday, we went to the mall to get Nichols' newborn pictures taken. They were just OK. I'll get them back on the 18th, so I'll post them then.
Yesterday we just hung out at home all day. I'm working on his birth announcements, doing a little work and I'm sorting through all of Hannah's clothes. There is a child's resale this Saturday that I'm taking all of her stuff to. I'm hoping to sell most of it. It's sort of sad to go through everything knowing I'll be getting rid of them, but there's no sense to keep anything anymore as she grows out of it. We're certain we're done with babies. It's fun to remember things when she wore certain outfits. There are some things that I think I want to keep, but then what for? The clothes would stay in a bin I'm sure and just take up space. I might as well try to sell it and make a few bucks. Hopefully, I do well and get rid of a lot and make some money!!!
I have pretty much more of the same planned for today. I should make sure to get a nap in somewhere today. We didn't have a good sleep night the first part of last night so I'm sure it'll be catching up to me soon!





No comments:
Post a Comment