Hannah got her first haircut this weekend!!! Yep, after over 4 years, I finally decided to get it trimmed up and it was much needed and overdue! With the curl in her hair, I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I knew I needed to at least get her hair trimmed up. I mean really, the ends are over 4 years old!!! She didn't really want to go at first because she was afraid I'd have it cut short, but I told her that we'd just cut a little bit off and she'd get to sit in the beauty shop chair and look in the big mirror, so then it was all good! We just went to Great Clips and they just trimmed it up a bit. To be honest, you'd probably not even realize it was cut if I didn't say anything, but it did make it look so much healthier and made her curls bouncier. They angled the sides just a bit to give it a little shape, but you really can't tell. She loved it and it was fun to have another first with her!!!


I had spent most of last week preparing for a children's resale that I was attending with my neighbor. I went through four years worth of girls clothes that I had saved of Hannah's. There's no need to keep it anymore, so it is time to part ways. I couldn't believe how much stuff this one kid had!!! It's crazy and so many things were name brand and many items still had tags on it or she only wore things once or twice. Kinda ridiculous! Anyway, I had 7 tubs packed completely full of her clothes. We set up for the sale on Friday night and I went to dinner with the girls after. This was my first time out without Nicholas and despite being exhausted, it was sort of nice to go out. I had to get up early Saturday morning for the sale which was from 8 until noon. I came back home mid-morning to get Nicholas because Tony took Hannah to her last swim lesson. She was promoted to the next level for next session which is in the water without a parent!! I think that session starts in April, so we'll be signing her up! So I finished up the resale until noon. I made a total of $230.00 which I thought was pretty good, but still came home with 6 full tubs of clothes! I'm going to try another sale if I can find one nearby. I may wait until Nicholas is out of some of the baby things like his swing and bouncy seat. Those items seem to go really fast. I sold Hannah's old stroller and a cradle thing I had but didn't really use. I may also just take Hannah's clothes to a second hand store to sell them. I do a lot of shopping there for her, so maybe getting store credit there would be a good thing also espeically now that I will need to be buying Nicholas new clothes for every season!
Nicholas is doing great. He still sleeps a lot during the day and is still not that good of a sleeper at night. I'm pretty sure it's that he doesn't like to sleep on his back and in his bassinnet. I'm sticking to my guns for the most part though and keeping the routine of going to bed and staying there as best as we can. He's getting better and starting to get used to it more and more. I'm afraid of starting bad habits that will be hard to break, so while I'm still home, I'm trying to stick to a normal bedtime routine. He's getting bigger and has more awake time during the day. He's so bright-eyed when he's awake and is starting to smile a little and make little talking noises. He's a good eater still and doesn't generally spit up too much. He's really a good baby and I'm so happy to have him in our lives! Hannah still enjoys him and is so proud of him when we're out. She likes to boast about her little brother and give him hugs and kisses.
As for the other "firsts" for us, Nicholas had his first bath last week! His cord finally fell off, so I was able to give him a real bath. Of course, he hated most of it! He cried at the beginning, but I tried my best to keep him warm and then he was OK with it. I forgot how little and slippery a newborn was getting a bath!!!! It's a little tricky to hang on to him and have a productive cleaning! He smelled so good after though!

We also went for our first walk last week. We've been blessed by a nice warm up that got rid of all the disgusting snow we had! That was nice!
It was great to get out for a nice long neighborhood walk. That's one thing of having a winter baby that stinks - you're cooped up inside for the most part, so getting out for a nice walk on a spring-like day was great! It was also nice to get the exercise. I've been able to drop over half of my baby weight already and am in to normal clothes (a size bigger than normal), but I figure the second half will be a little harder to work off, so getting some exercise is nice. I can't believe how easy the first 21 pounds came off though - I was not that fortunate with Hannah!
Other than that, we're just hanging out. I've been working on Nicholas' birth announcements. After I get them all in the mail, I will post a copy of them on here. I think they're turning out really cute! I had trouble finding the right picture for them, but the one I chose seems to be perfect for the announcement. I've been doing a little work every day, but nothing too extreme. I haven't been to the office in about a week, but will probably pop in there at some point this week to print some stuff and drop off the stuff I've been working on and pick up more stuff. But I'm enjoying my time off with the baby and hanging out at home. Life is GOOD!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment