Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The official countdown can now begin

OK, so we can now start an official countdown to baby's arrival. No later than Monday, February 22nd, we will have a baby!!!! So starting today we have 6 (or less) days to go!

I went to see MaryJo today for my FINAL prenatal visit. Geez, after so many trips there over the past 9 months and especially the last two months of weekly visits, it was sort of strange not making my next appointment as I left - but also very exciting!

Tony was able to come with me to today's appointment. I think he wanted to make sure we were really going to be having this baby soon. He's getting so anxious and has been such a good sport allowing me to not find out gender. He can hardly stand a secret or surprise, but I'm just so sure he'll never experience a surprise like this ever again in his life, so I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for. I'm really glad I did this for this pregnancy.....I can't wait for that last big push and the announcement!!! So very looking forward to it!

So anyway, MaryJo said I'm definitely ready to go. I'm at 3 cm today and she said she would expect me to go on my own in the next couple of days. I asked her what was the plan if I go past my due date this Friday? She pretty much left it up to me! So cool! She said, "I'm not into cruel and unusual punnishment, so what do you want to do?" I said, "how about scheduling an induction for Monday if I don't go on my own by then?" She said, "no problem. Be at the hospital by 7 am and they'll start an IV with poticin and I'll be by on my way into work to break your water". Wow - that was easy! I can only imagine what my first doctor would have done - I'd probably stay pregnant for another month!!!
So there you have it - the backup plan unless I go on my own before then. MaryJo said she'd be really surprised if we went until Monday, but you never know! At least for now, the end of the pregnancy and beginning of our new life has a target date!
Stay tuned.............

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hey girl! So happy to hear you have a due date!!! So crazy that I made it BEFORE you! So, once we get our little ones squared away, we'll have to have a date to get them together at one of our houses! I'm confident little ms. early birdy will be ready to go visiting soon. we are doing well, just tired and on a schedule here till she gets bigger. i'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love!!! maggie