Hannah went to her first week of Story Time at the Library Wednesday night. It was so much fun. I'm sorry that I forgot to take my camera, but she was so good and had a great time!
This week's story time was all about elephants and hippos. The read two stories, did a few songs and dances and then read the story while listening to the song "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". Next week is all about opposites. She's supposed to wear her clothes either backwards or inside out next week.....she's not so keen on that so far, but we'll work on it. This is a week session and we intend on taking her every week if we can!
There were about 15 kids there and I'm proud to say, Hannah was about one of 3 kids that sat still, listened and was non-disruptive to the class. I realize more and more just how well behaved she is and how she loves to learn.
She is learning so much and we get nothing but positive remarks about how she does in school time at daycare. She's progressing further and faster than the two 4-year-olds. One amazing thing (I think) is that she can now also spell her last name - all 12 letters!!!! It's amazing enough that she can pronounce it, but now she can spell it out loud and write it too!!! Her Spanish vocabulary is quite impressive too. She counts to 100 and up and backwards to 100 by 10's. She's gets most opposites and she continues to work on rhyming.
She has settled into her new room quite nicely. She loves her new bed and I so far love that her toys are now all up there and not in our living room and family room. She still brings them down to play, which is fine, but then puts everything away before bedtime. Works for me!
So I think I've made up my mind about Tony's little deal for Monday's ultrasound.....I am saying "No Deal" and I will lose out on naming a boy Nathan....I'd rather wait for the surprise until the baby is born. So as long as I can help it, we'll be waiting until the baby is born to know whether its a boy or a girl! One more thing that I'd like to express my joy about is that my good friend Maggie is pregnant too!!!! After lots of trying and lots of heartbreak, she is progressing very well so far and had a healthy looking ultrasound to mark 12 weeks last Friday. Not only is it so cool that she is finally getting this wonderful miracle of her own, but it's so cool for me that I shared my first pregnancy with my good friend Erin and now this one with my other good friend Maggie. Wow - how blessed am I?!?
2 comments:
I'm pretty happy too. We'll have to see each other soon. Until then, I had another ultrasound today (spoiled, i know..) they are posted on my blog now...since I've come clean!!!... and these pictures are soooo good! Go check it out!
ANd congrats on waiting. I love it when people wait... it's so exciting when you are in labor!!! =)
love ya! m
Yay for Maggie! And how fun you get to share this pregnancy with her. :) I do like the name Nathan... hee hee.
Post a Comment