Monday, September 28, 2009

Wiggle Worm

This little baby is quite the Wiggle-Worm!!!

We have good news to report. We had our mid-way (20 week), full anatomy ultrasound this morning. My appointment was first thing this morning. The ultrasound tech sort of sighed as she started. She went on to tell us that her first patient on Monday morning seems to set the tone for the week for her. She signed because this wasn't an easy ultrasound to perform because the baby didn't stop moving!!!! She thought for sure I must have eaten breakfast to give it such a boost, but I hadn't - just a crazy baby! I'm afraid we're in trouble!

So the first answer is NO!!!! We didn't find out if it is a boy or a girl - despite Tony's many, many tries to get it out of her.

The next answer (probably should be the first question), but everything looks good! Everything seems to be well developed and where it's supposed to be. Brain, Spine, Heart & other organs, arms & legs -all seem perfect! Baby measured right where we thought, 19 weeks 3 days and is about 10 ounces - "just over a stick of butter" as the tech described it!

It was so fun to see this little thing! It has a pointy chin like Hannah and looks to have big eyes like her too. The tech said it had a little button nose, but I'm not sure a button nose is possible with mine & Tony's genes!!!

We didn't get great pictures because she had such a hard time capturing anything with constant movement, but we definitely saw lots during the 1/2 hour. We saw hands waving, feet kicking and even here....a yawn!!! Sort of looks like a bad "Scream" pic, but that's just our baby yawning!


And this one is just a shot of it's face. Big eyes like I mentioned and the chin and nose. And then part of it's tummy.



This profile is a little better. It's looking up and the scan is hard to see, but there are 4 little dots that are the tops of it's fingers.


And then this one was our best picture. Another profile shot, but here we have the head and nose pointing up. You can see the cheek and jaw bones, some ribs near it's back and then there is a leg bent with it's little knee up in the air! Isn't the baby so cute???



One really nice thing that I didn't get with my pregnancy with Hannah was that these pictures are actual 4x6 prints on glossy photo paper. I just had the thermal paper pictures before, so I'm not sure if that's new technology or just a newer/better machine. I like it though!

I tried showing Hannah the pictures of her baby tonight. I'm not so sure she really saw the baby in them! I suppose it's hard to see for a 3-year old since it's usually hard to see for most adults!

So anyway, this day started so great seeing this little person! Sure makes me even more anxious to meet him or her!!

In other news, Tony went to Detroit last Friday for the Kiss concert and he's downtown Cleveland again tonight for another one. I'm so happy for him that he gets to see them again - he truly loves it! I just also secretly hope (and out loud I guess) that their tour keeps them out of this area for a while! This gets expensive fast!!! He hates when I say that, but it's true! Oh, well - makes him happy!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Oh I love the pictures! Especially the last one which really shows a nice profile... but the scream one is fun too! PERFECT! I love it!!! CONGRATS! -mags