Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Flower Girl at the Wedding

I'm still here - everything is going well. I've just been really busy for the last week.

Last Wednesday, Hannah and I went to dinner with some of the ladies from work. She loved going to dinner "with the girls" and they loved seeing her. It's so nice when I get such confirmation that she is just such a good little girl! She also loved that Cindy brought her some coloring and sticker books and markers!!
Thursday, I had book club. We went to dinner at Long Horn and had a good discussion about our book The Wednesday Sisters which I liked real well. I guess I didn't read it with quite the perspective that the discussion was around, but none-the-less, we had a good review. Then we got into a political debate - that's never good!!! But really, that went fine too. We decided on a new book and a meeting place for next month and we'll figure out which world crisis to solve at a later date!!!!
I took a vacation day Friday. I had to get us all packed and do laundry and clean up the house before we left for Columbus. We hit the road around 2:30 and made good time just until we got close to downtown, but still made it there in plenty of time. We checked into the hotel. We met up with my sister & Will who were here from Florida. She loved that she could get Hannah all wound up and it made me totally crazy that she was so hyper! I guess that's an advantage of being the Aunt!!! We got changed and headed to rehearsal with my Aunt & Uncle. Hannah was loving the taxi rides!!! I thought they were rather gross, but she thought it was great. Rehearsal went well and Hannah did just what she was supposed to do, but I wondered how she'd do with a room full of people looking at her. Then we took another taxi ride to dinner. That went well and was very good, but it was getting late, so we called for another cab and went back to the hotel. Everyone was there, but Hannah needed to go to bed (well, I did too), so she and I went to our room and went to bed. Tony decided to stay out all night and rolled in around 2:30!

We got up early Saturday and had breakfast. I painted mine & Hannah's nails and then she and I took a little nap. I knew I had to fit that in or she'd never make it through the night. When she got up, I took her to get her hair done - in another taxi ride. The girl did a nice job and Hannah loved getting her hair done at the beauty shop. I do have to say though, other than the experience, I'm not so sure it was worth $52!!! She did exactly what I had planned to do myself, but I was too afraid of it not working out and then getting frustrated that it didn't look right, so I just figured I'd have it done. She loved it though and it did look good! I was glad that the thing I made for her worked out so well - I really didn't think I liked it, but it ended up working perfectly!





We got back to the hotel and I started to get ready. Tony got Hannah all dressed and ready and the two of them headed over to the hall. I went a little bit later with everyone else. We took lots of pictures and the day was just perfect. Hannah was so excited and happy!!!

These are my two favorite of her:

Here are a couple of us:

My sister and I:


Courtney, the Bride - she was beautiful!


Bo & Courtney - isn't the skyline great?!


And some of them with Hannah:


The ceremony went well. Hannah did a great job coming down the aisle dropping her petals along the way! She wasn't scared one bit! She got to the end of the aisle and still had a load of petals left, so she stayed up there until she had sprinkled them all!!!
My pictures of the ceremony aren't that great since the room had floor to ceiling windows - I couldn't get the right setting on my camera.


Then we had a cocktail hour and then the reception started. Hannah had an absolute BLAST! She danced (ran) around that dancefloor for about 2 hours. She was too busy to dance with anyone.
One of the ring bearers was chasing her for a while, but then another little boy caught sight of her and was just smitten with her!!! He chased her and his grandma was determined to set them up!! They did get a little dance in, but Hannah perferred to just run around and have him chase her!





She hit the wall around 10:30, which was pretty good. We called for the shuttle and headed to bed. It was a great wedding and a really fun day!
We got up for breakfast Sunday and bid Bo & Courtney farewell to their honyemoon.
Then we packed up and headed home. I was exhausted!
Yesterday, Hannah started her gymnastics class again. It went OK, but there is a CRAZY boy in her class and his sister isn't that much calmer! I sure hope the two of them start getting the hang of waiting their turn and listening or their mom better pull them out!!! The were a bit disruptive, but it was the first night, so maybe they were just excited!!! I was alseep by 9:00 last night! It's been hard going non-stop for days!
On the pregnancy front - all is going well again. I feel the baby moving quite a bit. I'm getting quite a belly now and starting to need my maternity clothes again. I've been more careful about lifting things and taking it easy. I'll be 16 weeks this Friday. Here I am a week ago.

No comments: