Monday, September 21, 2009

Moving Weekend

Moving is so much work! And why is it when you move do you need to buy all new stuff?

No, we didn't move houses, just two rooms, but by my exhaustion, I might as well haved moved my whole house!
It all started Friday night right after work. We went to buy a new desk, Hannah's new mattress, new sheets & mattress pad and then had dinner. I got home and surfed the internet for a chair for Hannah's desk. I cannot believe you can't just buy a plain wooden chair to fit at a desk. Only one chair - with no arms, and a natural wood color....Oh, and for less than $100. I opted not to order the chair that came with her furniture for $140 because I was certain that they'd be a dime a dozen, but to my unpleasant surprise, I can't find one. Looks like I'll be ordering the chair that goes with the set afterall....in a few months.
So then Saturday morning, I started doing laundry and cleaning up the house. The furniture delivery guys got here just before 10 and started putting her bedroom together. When they were done, we got Hannah's bed all made (what a pain that is!!) and she was just so excited to be in her new bed. She thought it was just so cool and couldn't wait to take her nap in her new bed.

Then the cable guy came and he ran a new line for the internet into our family room. When he was done, Tony and I put together our new desk. We managed to do it without arguing (much) and it all went together perfectly! We got it done and put the computer back together and we realized it was like 6:30 and we were all getting hungry and crabby, so we took off to get a bite to eat. We ran to Target after dinner and browsed around, but didn't get anything and then went home. Hannah went to bed and I didn't make it much past 10 and went to bed too.
Sunday morning, we got up, had breakfast and then got ready and headed back out. I wanted to go to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a few things. I got a new hamper for our hallway, we got a new lamp with shelves for next to our desk, I got Hannah a second set of sheets and a few other things. I had to return some things to Home Depot and then we got Hannah one of those cubby shelves with the fabric baskets for her room and a shelf to hang on the wall. We all went grocery shopping and then it was alreay past 3:30. Hannah was overdue for a nap and Tony went to watch the Browns game at his buddy's. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't just chill....I had to finish putting things together. I cleaned up a lot of the family room, putting things away in the new desk and trying to find a home for all of our stuff. Then I made stuffed peppers for dinner. We ate and then I went to finish putting Hannah's room together. I got her shelves built and started putting all of her toys, books & games in their places in her new room. I got her old closet & dresser emptied and moved over and then I was done! I was happy to say everything in both rooms looks great. I've got to get a few more things to help organize some of the stuff, but I'll do that in time. I've also still got to make Hannah's curtain and put her wall shelf up as well as get her some decoration stuff. I'll also do that in time.
Here's some pictures of our new spaces:

The new office area in our family room

Hannah's new room:

This is her bed. The front part of it has 5 drawers and the backside underneath is a bookshelf.



This is a bad angle, but this is the other side of the bed which is a desk. This is what we need to buy the $140 chair for!

Her new dresser


And the wall with the cubby shelves. Her kitchen is to the left of this and in between her wall & bed are other toys out of the way.
Oh, and one more earthbreaking news of this big moving weekend. Hannah had been telling me that when she moves into her new big girl room, she would leave her lovey's in the old room for the baby. SHE DID!!!! It was all her idea. I asked if she wanted me to put them in one of her new drawers and she told me no, she didn't need them anymore. By the end of the weekend, she had two naps and two night times and never asked for a lovey! Now, of course, she still has her "B" but hey, one big girl step at a time. I have to say, this was sort of sad for me to see her be such a big girl now. Good thing I've got a baby coming to fill that void.
I also started cleaning out that room to start getting ready for a new baby. Oh, and now I've got a dilema. Remember how I've made my mind up to wait to find out if we're having a boy or a girl? Well, Tony's dying and just has to know. I have my ultrasound and now he's given me an ultimatium that I just don't know how to process. He says that if we can find out Monday, I can name the baby Nathan if it's a boy. That's the the only boy name that I love and he previously ruled it out. So do I take my chances on using my favorite boy name or stick to my guns and wait this out?!?! I'm not sure why, but it's not killing me to wait. About the only reason I want to know is so that I can know whether or not I need to keep saving Hannah's old clothes!!! Gee, what to do.........

1 comment:

Erin said...

Find out! :) Love Hannah's room! And the office area looks good, fits perfectly there.