Friday, Sept 4th was my birthday. I'm not that big on my birthday, so it wasn't a huge deal, but the ladies at work all made me goodies and gave me cards. They even made waffles for lunch for me, but I got stuck in a meeting and basically missed my lunch party. I finished my day and then headed out of there for a week off.
That night, Tony, Hannah and I went to the Indians game. We had really good seats (for free) and Hannah was a little more into the experience than last year. Although she didn't pay much attention to the game, she did seem to have fun. Tony had her all talked into wanting cotton candy, which I wasn't sure was going to be a good idea, but when the cotton candy guy walked by, I wanted to get her a bag - a SIX DOLLAR BAG. So I handed the guy a $20 and then he asked me if I had change for a $5. So then I handed him five singles. He gave me back my $14 in change from my $20 and walked away. I was sort of stumped for some reason because I didn't think that was right, but I was so confused by how the whole transaction took place for some reason that I just sort of looked stupidly at Tony saying I think he still owes me $5. So after I explained what happened, I told Tony yeah, he didn't give me the five when I gave him the five singles. So Tony went up after the guy to get our $5 back. When he came back, Hannah we opened the bag of cotton candy and it only took Hannah one bite to say she didn't like it! Oh, great - the $6 fiasco and she didn't even like it! As if that weren't bad enough, but who then walked by but the guy who sold the cotton candy on a stick for THREE DOLLARS!!!!!!!! Ah, the joys of going to the ballpark! So anyway, we made it for about 6 innings and then headed home. I totally suck that I didn't have a camera for any part of this day! Oh, well!
Then Saturday, I took Hannah to my mom's and hit up on the second hand stores that I get a lot of her clothes. I realized recently that she doesn't have any fall clothes other than some things that may still fit her from last winter/spring. I got quite a bit of stuff for about $100 - I think about 22 different things. Love getting things for an average price of $3.50-$4.00 and mostly all name brand stuff to boot!
Then Saturday, I took Hannah to my mom's and hit up on the second hand stores that I get a lot of her clothes. I realized recently that she doesn't have any fall clothes other than some things that may still fit her from last winter/spring. I got quite a bit of stuff for about $100 - I think about 22 different things. Love getting things for an average price of $3.50-$4.00 and mostly all name brand stuff to boot!
Our poker league started again that Saturday, so we headed over to play. Both Tony and I made it when we merged tables from 3 to 2, but neither one of us lasted all that long in those seats. Oh, well, it was the first tournament, so hopefully we'll get a win or two in throughout the year. Tony was up for going out so we headed to the bar after for some appetizers and drinks - I really lived it up with a root beer! Go figure that I'm not much of a drinker ever, but for some crazy reason, now that I'm pregnant, every glass of wine, bottle of beer or fruity drink looks SO good!! I'm sure I could care less next summer when I can drink againl!
Sunday, we headed back over to my mom's to celebrate mine & Randy's birthday. We had dinner and hung out for a while. I took some pictures of them on the golf course

Then they played outside. Hannah's getting better about playing a little rougher - and actually had a lot of fun having the exercise ball thrown at her to make her fall. She kept asking for more, even after this one:

So I'm loving Craigslist! I posted our old mattress on there about a month ago and that sold in a day. Kinda gross to me to buy a used mattress, but I had one to sell and someone wanted to buy it, so fine by me! Then I posted our desk on there Monday afternoon and it was sold within an hour! For asking price too! I'm going to post some more stuff when I get a chance to do it.
We went to some friend's house for a cookout Monday afternoon and then Tony and I started to clean out Hannah's new room that evening.
Tuesday, Hannah and I did a lot of running around. I got my new bookclub book from the library - The Next Thing On My List. We got her paint for her new bedroom and lots of other stuff and then headed home. I finished cleaning out her room which turned into cleaning out our closets - much overdue task. We had like 5 bags of garbage and 3 bags of clothes to give away. I was tired by the time the room was empty so I hung out and started to read my book until I fell asleep.
Wednesday morning, I was up early and washed down all the woodwork in the room and taped off where I was painting the two colors. I had to take a break around noon to get a shower and go into work. One of the crappy parts of being a manager is that you not only have to go into work on your vacation week, but you have to do it because you have to let someone go from their job due to cut-backs. That's awful! I felt terrible letting one of my admin go, but unfortunately, that's business and she didn't make the cut. Totally crappy though - I sure hope she'll be OK - I really like the lady and it's just too bad things happened the way they did. I came back home and Hannah and I had dinner while Tony golfed and then she and I played outside until her bedtime. I read some more of my book. After Hannah went to bed, I got the bottom part of the walls painted green. I liked how it looked.

Thursday morning, I had my prenatal checkup. Hannah went with us and was excited to hear the baby's heartbeat. I got my order for an ultrasound in a couple weeks and as we left, Hannah wanted to know why the baby didn't talk. She was evidently a little confused about what she was going to be hearing of her baby! We all went to breakfast and then I had to go to the airport to get fingerprinted for an airport security badge for work (more work on my vacation - I have a real problem with this). Hannah and I headed back home and I realized I'd better make some serious progress on this room since my vacation time was winding down. I started painting the pink on top. As I painted and started rolling, I realized how glad I was that I didn't do it in all pink - it's pretty much bubble gum (or pepto) on the walls. I liked it though and it was becoming perfect for Hannah. Here's how it looked with the two main colors (and tape still on)
Friday morning, I made breakfast for Hannah and I since it was our last week day of vacation together. Tony came home early and took Hannah out with him for a while so I could finish the room. I had to sponge the "chair rail" where the two colors met. I practiced on a piece of paper and it looked good, but it wasn't so easy on the walls. After several attempts I finally got it to look OK and I went around the room. It got progressively better and when it was finished, I liked it! It is such a perfect girly room for Hannah!!!
We just stayed home Friday night. The people that bought the desk came to pick it up and we ran to the store for a few things. Tony and I sat outside for the night with fire in our firepit. I made some more strawberry margaritas which were so yummy. We probably won't have too many more opportunities for a fire this summer, so it was nice to sit out there.
Saturday morning, I couldn't stand my dirty house any longer! I had looked past it all week, but the filth on the kitchen floor got the best of me and I had to clean! I got that done and everything else in the house cleaned up and then it was time to finish Hannah's room. I installed the closet shelving & new light fixture and switch. Tony helped put the closet door back on and I cleaned everything up and it was DONE!!!
I started bringing up some of her toys that will now reside in her room and of course, now she wants to play with everything! Her furniture gets delivered next Saturday. We still have to buy her mattress and I have to make a curtain and get the detail stuff to decorate the room, but it's almost totally done and I love it!!!!! So does she so far! She'll be so excited when her furniture comes and she can start living in her new big girl room!
I was pretty much ready to crash after all this. I layed on the couch for a little and was relieved when no one felt like going out to dinner, so we ordered in. Tony left to go watch the OSU game and Hannah and I just hung out. I actually finished reading my book. I'm not sure if it was that great or just an easy read, but I have never finished a book in three sittings!
Sunday, we got up and got ready and spent the day at my dad's. He had a cookout for his neighborhood people because he's running for a council seat for their township. It was good and a lot of food and Hannah had fun too! I'm not sure who had more fun when she was riding around on one of "Grandpa Tractor's" tractors?? I think it may have been Grandpa!!! He's been waiting a long time for her to warm up to the idea and she loved it!!!


Ok, so now do you see why going back to work today was easier? Whew! And it was even gymnastics night again tonight too! Now that it's past 10:00, I'm about to crash. I've also remembered why it's better to stay more current on these blog posts rather than to wait almost 2 weeks - they're long!!!
Good night!








1 comment:
Yes, that was quite a recap! Gald you posted though! :) I like her room colors, can't wait to see it with furniture and all.
Post a Comment