Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mid-June Update

OK, so I've been a bit of a blog slacker the past week and a half. Busy again. Busy tearing off the smallest, itty-bitty pieces of wallpaper border in our bedroom that you can imagine. Let me tell you, that's getting annoying!!! I think the glue company that stuck that stuff up there gets a prize! I've got about 2/3 done, so still a way to go. We did pick the bedding - at least I think we did. The stuff I ordered first, I really liked the colors - alot! However, the feel of the comforter was not so good. It's scratchy and has a weird texture that I just don't think would rank #1 in the comfort category, so we have gone with option #2 which was from JCPenney. It's super-dooper soft and comfortable, but it's color scheme is not that different from what we currently have. That sort of bummed me out, so if we keep this depends on what I can do with the colors as far as paint goes. It's a light blue, ivory, bronzy-gray and chocolate brown. I do like it, it just didn't seem like a big enough change. But maybe when it's all done, it'll be good.....we'll see. That project is moving slowly due to the super-glued border I need to remove and then I need to head to Home Depot to look at paint.

I've also been searching for Hannah's flower girl dress. I've been looking for things for Courtney to choose from online. We've narrowed it to two. Their both really cute, so I'm not sure which one to pick. Since none of my blog readers will be at the wedding except for my mom & my sister, I hope Courtney doesn't mind if I post the links here and ask for everyone's opinion as to which dress to choose..... Dress #1 and Dress #2 . Both options will be an ivory dress with an ivory ribbon/sash. Any suggestions???

Last weekend was really busy. Saturday, we had gymnastics and then Hananh and I went to visit Erin at her mom's. Hannah got to play with Emma & Mackenzie which is always fun! It was good to see Erin, her mom and her sister too.
Tony golfed that afternoon and was super excited to get his best score yet of 86! Way to go Tony!!! Then we went to dinner and took Hannah to play miniature golf. I guess Tony thought he was on a roll and had to keep going, the only problem was he didn't do best on every hole. In fact, I had one hole in one and Hannah had TWO hole in ones - in a row!!!! It was SO exciting!!!! Didn't think to take my camera though, so sorry, no pictures.

Then Sunday was Father's day. We woke Tony up to give him his gifts. Hannah made him a picture hanger at daycare and we got him much needed new underwear!!! and an outdoor fire pit!
Mid-morning, my dad & Julia came over and we spent the day at the zoo. It was fun. They hadn't been there in a really long time and Hannah enjoys going too. She didn't however enjoy the dinosaurs. She was excited to go, but screamed bloody murder about 1/2 way through. We sort of egged it on and commented on their big teeth and claws and she squeezed me as tightly as possible and burried her head in my shoulder and screamed until I walked away!!! It was actually pretty funny - she's such a GIRL!!!



Here's a pic after we were done and by the smile on her face, you can't tell her heart had pounded out of her chest just a few minutes earlier.


We spent like 5 hours there, so we were all pretty ready to go. We grabbed a bite to eat and then just hung out the rest of the evening. I think I snuck in a tiny nap as Hannah watched a movie.

This week is going super fast. Tony is golfing right now. Tomorrow, I have my first book club meeting. The funny part is, no one read the book!!! Well, I think one person did. I'm not a reader in the first place, but I tried to read this one and just can't get into it. I'll keep trying as we're keeping the same book for July. It's really just an excuse for the girls to get out, so we'll serve that purpose. Then we've got a busy weekend coming up too - Reese's first birthday Saturday and Allison's 3rd birthday party Sunday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like dress #2. I think the big skirt will be fun for Hannah to spin around in. :)