Here's Hannah at home before we left for the big show.

Then when we got to the gym, she went off into the warm up room with all the other kids and we took our seats. It was funny seeing her name in a program - she's just not a baby anymore! They separated the kids into small groups and did the show in rotations like a gymnastics meet. Hannah led her group out onto the floor for opening ceremonies:

Nevermind the grainy pictures - I guess there is no taking a good picture in that gym, at least from any sort of distance. Since we weren't allowed to use flash during the show, I took video instead.
Here she is on her first event, the bars:
And the next event was the floor:
The third rotation was a floor/vault combo:
And finally, the beam:
After all the kids performed, they went through the medal ceremonies. The picture I took of Hannah getting her medal was really bad unfortunately, so here she afterward proudly displaying her ribbons and medal!



It was really cute and Hannah had an absolute BLAST! She was so hyped up all evening and had a smile on her face the entire time! She totally crashed in bed when we got home, especially since it was past her bed time. She's excited that she's going to be in summer gymnastics which starts a week from Saturday. We'll play it month by month during the summer to see whether we've really got time for it or not.
In other news, Tony put his back out this weekend. Not sure what he did, but he was in some serious pain over the weekend. Or maybe it was his way of getting me to cut the grass for him! I didn't mind doing it at all, but bagging it is for the birds! It also wouldn't have been that bad, but by the time I finished around 3:30, I still had to make a grocery list and go shopping. So I didn't get home from that until about 5:30 and then it was make dinner and give Hannah a bath and I pretty much crashed not too long after that too.
Tony thought it was pretty funny to take a picture of me mowing the grass. I told him he acted like it was the first time I had done any work around the house or something!

Anyway, it's a good thing I did do it because he was still in pain this week and it has just not stopped raining. He went to the doctor Monday and got some muscle relaxers and prescription motrin, which seems to be helping. He didn't golf tonight in his league, so maybe that's the confirmation that he didn't just fake it to make me to his chores!!!
My cousin Bo and his fiancee, Courtney have decided to move their wedding up to this summer. They've asked Hannah to be the flower girl. We're excited, except for one problem....Hannah doesn't want to be a flower girl. So when I asked her if she wanted to be the bride, she said no...the maid of honor?...no....the groom?...no. So I asked her what then did she want to be? She said the princess. Oh, but of course! So I complied and said that she could be the princess and could wear a fancy princess dress. She was glad to hear it and said she'd like to wear the Cinderella or Snow White one. Oh, boy!! I hope the idea warms up to her over the next few months!
And the last blog-worthy item for this post is: Happy 60th birthday to my mom!!! (yesterday) We'll have them over on Sunday to celebrate, but Happy Birthday now!! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment