Saturday, June 6, 2009

The flower girl saga continues

So Hannah had a complete meltdown the other night about being the flower girl in Bo & Courtney's wedding. She was pretty adamant that she didn't want to be the flower girl. I can only imagine what her little mind has invisioned about this responsibility.

So we had a long discussion about it and I showed her our wedding pictures and what Kendal looked like, because she was our flower girl. I explained that she just wears a pretty white dress and carries a basket of flowers.

She got real upset with me when I told her that Courtney would get to pick out her dress because she was the bride and the bride got to do that. Hannah then changed her mind from a week ago and now wanted to be the bride. I told her it was too late, she already said she didn't want to be the bride, so that was going to be Courtney's job.

I then gave her the choice of staying home with a babysitter while we went to the wedding, or she could come with us to the wedding and be the "princes" (aka - flower girl) and wear a pretty white dress. She finally agreed before bedtime that she wanted to go and she would be the princess.

I though the crisis was averted until Tony called me at work the next morning to ask if I had heard Hannah's new song. I hadn't so I asked what it was. (you see, she sings all the time and in the car often sings nonsense songs). The song of that morning was "I don't want to be the flower girl"!! Oh, boy! So then I was left with whether to discuss it and make her feel better about it or just leave the subject alone. Still not really sure which to do, but the wedding is in just a few short months, so between now and then, I've got to get her on board with the idea!

Last night, I was cleaning out our files and she was downstairs playing dress up. She ran upstairs to tell me that she already had a white dress for the wedding!! She was so excited and so proud because it is a dress she already has and likes! I told her that it was a nice dress, but maybe we'd buy a new one for the wedding. She was very firm with her decision that we didn't NEED to buy a new one because we already had this one and it has a bit of pink in it, so it would be just right!

So, Courtney, here is your flower girl:




She's definitely cute (of course) and thrifty (love that), but don't worry, we'll find a new dress for you're special day!! We might have to "lose" this one first though!!!!


1 comment:

Erin said...

I love it! Hahaha! Good luck with this!