Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Serious lack of bloggage

Well, the good news is that I've been behind at updating the blog mostly due to being too busy. I've hardly turned on the computer at home other than to pay bills. Tonight is the first night I've opened my email in almost 2 weeks. Thank goodness it's mostly all junk mail and no one was patiently waiting for me on a reply of any sort! The busy factor has also put a damper on the picture taking this month. It's terrible! I've hardly even touched my camera (taboo, Erin, I know!) I did get this one picture a week or so ago. I went in to check on Hannah before I went to bed and found her like this (under the covers). I had to laugh as this is how I often see Tony sitting on the couch! Like father, like child, I guess!


Her head is sort of cut off because I took it in the dark and really couldn't see what I was taking a picture of and I was afraid to re-take it because I didn't want the flash to wake her up.
Let's see.....some updates - Roman is hanging in there. The medicine they gave him has seemed to help him a bit, but he's still pretty low-key and doesn't get off his bed that often. It's much better than it was a few weeks ago that he now eats and goes outside on his own without me making him go. Cody on the other hand does not get my sympathy vote. He just cost us another $200 to cut his nails. Totally ridiculous that you have to put the dog to sleep to cut his nails and then it turns into almost $200! I bought one of those pedi-paw file things. I am determined to recondition him into allowing us to cut them at home again. I REALLY hope that is the last time we have to have the mucho-dollar nail cutting (it's like the 5th time and enough is enough especially since every time the bill goes up).
Tony's stomach scope didn't turn up anything. Not sure what is going on with him, but so far, nothing seems to be medically wrong, however, he says he feels bad. I'm hoping the nicer weather will help him and eating better as well. I'm no doctor or a perfect picture of health, but diet and exercise do seem to do a body good....we'll see! Hannah finally got over her 5 week long cold and now Tony has it full blown...he thinks he's dying - I try to remind him he just has a cold! I got a little touch of it, but zicam came through for me so far again....just mostly a little runny nose.
I got really good news at work the other day. I finally got my raise I've been waiting for. It was so long overdue, but finally, I'm being paid for what I'm doing - at least much more reasonably! It should help us out too quite a bit! Tony's tossing around the idea of going back into the mortgage world so we'll see where things take us. This helped my attitude at work and I finally feel like they appreciate me there.
Really, other than that, we're just getting ready for vacation. We couldn't be more (mentally) ready to go....physically ready is a different story. I've got some things ready, but I think I'll have a pretty full day Friday getting everything packed and ready. I hope to get on the road between 6:15 and 6:30 and we've got a 6-1/2 hour drive to our stopping point for the night. Then we have another 6 hours or so on Saturday. Then we have 7 full days of South Carolina relaxation here - our "vacation house" as Hannah has called it for 3 years. I can't wait! I'll try to post from there, unless I'm too busy sunning on the beach or by the pool!!!
Ok, I'm off to watch who gets booted from Idol tonight. Anoup did surprisingly well last night...I can do without that girl with the tatoo arm. By the way...LOVE our new DVR!!! I was able to watch biggest loser last night and then watch the only parts I wanted of Idol in about 30 minutes!!! Best thing we did in a long time!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Shame, shame, shame! LOL! That picture is too funny. Congrats on the raise! I'm glad Tony is okay, hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. Have fun on your vacation! You better take lots of photos while you're there. :)