Or just not enough time to sit in front of the computer at home to actually tell all of my "oh-so interested" blog readers what's going on with us.
So it's been over 2 weeks since my last post - oops!!
Hannah had a cold the past two weeks. She's still just getting over it with a bit of a runny nose left. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a scratchy throat today, but I used Zicam tonight - swear by the stuff! So I expect not to really get too much of a cold, if one at all since I took it early.
We had our last poker tournament last weekend. I've done so terrible this year. I can't figure out exactly what I'm doing different, but whatever it is, I need to stop!!! I just cannot catch any decent cards to play. Oh, well. We still have our final tournament in which the top 9 players are in and then there's a 10th spot that is filled from the play-in tournament earlier that day. If we get a sitter, we'll both play in the play-in, but if I don't play, no big deal. Since the final tournament is a winner take all, my theory of winning twice in one day is pretty unlikely, so to win the 10th spot is good, but how can that 10th person be the winner at the end too?? I'd love to be the first to do it, so heck, maybe I will just go for it!
Work is going pretty good. I'm finally getting to a point that I'm unloading stuff off my plate on to my admin staff. I'm a terrible delagator - need to always do all things myself - so this is a challenge for me, but I'm working on it and it does feel good to have time to focus on other stuff. I am SO SO ready for vacation though. I even did a really big thing and requested two additional days off - the Friday we leave and the Monday after we go home, so for me to take SEVEN work days off - miracle!!! I'm sure I'll be checking in throughout vacation week and the Monday after, but I am taking a big break!!!
I pretty much have vacation all over the brain. I've already started making lists of stuff to take. I've started packing Hannah's bag. This weekend and next week, I'm going to start getting stuff ready. I've got all day the Friday we leave to prepare our stuff and get the car packed. We'll be ready to roll by 6:15!!!
We're a little worried about Roman. He's not doing too good lately. His hip or back leg really bothers him, so he doesn't move much. He eats usually only once a day - sometimes not at all. He only goes outside to go potty 2-3 times a day. I feel bad for him because I don't want him to be sad or in pain, but he's a sweet dog and is pretty normal, just not real motivated. We plan to take him to the vet this weekend to see what she thinks. We don't want to have to make a hard decision, but we also don't want to keep him for selfish reasons.
Hannah is on this huge Mommy kick. She is all things mommy. She sort of cries every morning when we leave and she wants only me to give her a bath and put her to bed. I like it on one hand, but then sometimes it makes me feel a little too needed - which, don't get me wrong, is fine, but it's a little tiring too. She's such a home body too....she always just wants to stay home - except for gymnastics night. She loves going to gymnastics!!! She does a really good job too. I can see her progressing each week and getting even more coordinated. This week, she finally was able to hop on her left leg! Up to now, she could only hop on the right. I'm glad we have her in the program - it's really good for her.
And lastly, I have to say, the whole Bachelor season was ridiculous!!! I totally watched it every week. Not really sure why, because I lost interest in that sort of show a couple years ago, but I guess since nothing else is on Monday's, I watched. For the record, I'm not wrapped up in the "feelings" that the people seemingly have - it is pretty much still just a soap opera with real people. But I have to say, Jason is a wacko!!! I thought he seemed like a good guy that just had a run of bad luck, but after last night, it's clear that HE is the issue! I wish we knew how scripted the "after the final rose" show was. And Molly is sort of an idiot for going back to a guy that dumped her - especially after watching how the whole thing played out. Oh, well, they all got their 15 minutes of fame...good for them! Maybe they'll be happy for real - who knows?
So I guess so much for not having anything blog-worthy to say....looks like I said a lot! Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'm doing this on my laptop and my camera and pictures aren't on this computer. I'll get some posted later in the week or the weekend - or at least I'll try!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment