I have to share something that happened this morning that I thought was kind of funny. When we woke up this morning, I went to open the window and I sort of gasped. This past week, all of our snow had (finally) melted, but this morning, there was a new coat of snow covering the ground. I lifted the shade for Hannah to see outside and she instantly started sobbing and said, "I don't want winter anymore!" She was totally serious and I couldn't agree more with her!!! We need our spring break soon! Thank goodness its only a few more weeks away!
So today, I took her to get her 3-year old pictures taken. We had been discussing this all week and I kept asking her to smile nice and just do what the lady asks and if she's good, she could have a treat. She had this big colorful lollipop she got yesterday from her party at daycare that was my blackmail. My first hurdle was getting her to agree to wear jeans. For whatever reason, she has become to hate wearing jeans. I think it's because I buy the adjustable waist kind to keep them up, and the buttons on the sides hurt her. Well, she cooperated very well with this. My next indecision was what to do with her hair. Her curls seem to have a mind of her own so I never know what I'm going to get if I try to do her hair down. She looks cute with two french braids, but you can't really see them for a picture. I was trying to avoid her very common "raggamuffin" look and decided to pull up just the front and leave her hair down. Thank goodness her curls cooperated today too! It looked OK so we went with it.
Tony stayed home because we were going to switch from Direct TV (which we HATE due to their HORRIBLE customer service - that's a story for another post) to another provider, so just Hannah and I went to get pictures. We went to Portrait Innovations today and I was figuring on her not having a great session so I'd just have to decide which one pose to get and buy their $10 package. We got there and they took us right in and she started with her finger in her mouth and whimpering saying "I don't want to". I reminded her about the lollipop and sort of sat with her to get her started and that's all she needed! She was like an old pro after that. Full of smiles, did whatever the lady asked her to do and was actually into the whole ordeal! That was great until it came time to choosing a pose.
Flat out, couldn't do it! I think the lady was starting to get a little annoyed and was trying to still sell me the $150 package. I love that they show you ALL the pictures they take and you can weed them out one by one. We got down to like 6 and I was stuck! I really wanted to just buy the $69 CD and print my own pictures from home, but to do that, you buy the special $10 package too so I was up to like $80 bucks and only one pose....I finally got down to 4 poses and she threw the CD in for free for me (so that will work if you try hard enough!!) I spent WAY more money than I had planned and got WAY too many pictures, but I guess it was worth it????? Of course Hannah is worth it. I guess too that I decided not to do pictures for her every 6 months anymore. Now that she's 3, I'll just do them once a year and at Christmas...and really, I may not even do Christmas anymore, we'll see....
So here are the poses I had printed there:
This one was the special package pose
And these were the others I picked and had printed:




I added a slide show at the top of the blog with all of the pics...now can you see why I had such a hard time? Of course there are a few that were easy to pass up, but it really was a very hard choice! And I had to try to decide alone, which is never good.
So anyway, if you want a million pictures, just let me know which ones and what size. I have lots of the ones they printed and I can print any of the others on my own printer or at a store.
Oh, and the 10x13 is available!!! Who ever uses that picture???
Oh, yeah, one more update...on our way home I expressed to her how proud I was of her and what a good girl she had been. We went right in for the lollipop that she was looking forward to. As I struggled to get the wrapping off of it, the lollipop fell off of the stick and came crashing down on to the kitchen floor - into A MILLION pieces!!! Hannah was devastated and I felt horrible!!! We salvaged about 3 pieces that were still worthy of eating and I promised her I'd go to the store to buy her another one....sure hope I can find one!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment