Monday and Tuesday were really busy trying to do the last minute stuff. Monday was gymnastics, so I wasn't able to get much done. Hannah is being "promoted" to the next level class for gymnastics. We're off for the next week, but start again on January 5th. I'm not sure if she'll like moving on or not since she really liked her teacher. I'm sure it'll be fine once she starts going again. Tuesday, we were just so busy after work, cleaning, wrapping and making Jesus' birthday cake. Hannah liked helping with that!

I had to work Christmas Eve, but was able to leave by 3:00 so I could take Hannah to church. She went up for children's sharing time and once again loudly blurted out that it was Jesus' Birthday when asked what story was the most important Christmas story!
After church, we went over to Dawn's house. It was fun - Hannah loved wearing her dress all evening.

Then Santa came! She was so excited and not scared one bit! She really got into it this year. She had a great time opening presents and got all sorts of great gifts - dress up clothes and shoes, princess memory game and candyland, princess jammies, a kids laptop computer. She had a great time!


Here she is in her Cinderella dress up clothes

And playing memory with Krista.

Then we came home (at 11:00 and she was still going strong!) and put cookies out for Santa. She picked the cookies and wrote him a note:



Her note says "to Santa", but the letters are a little jumbled up. I told her the letters to write, but she sort of put them in a funny order since she was running out of room on the paper!
Then he stopped by late that night while she was sleeping and put (way too many) gifts under the tree!!

She woke up around 8:30 and I asked if she thought Santa had come, and she laughed and said, "No, he'll come over later". I asked her if we should go check the cookies and when we did, she was surprised that he had eaten them!!! So she looked downstairs and saw that there were presents and she was so excited!
My Dad and Julia came over just before 9 and Hannah was so excited that they had brought her a bike! It was a true gift from "Grandpa Tractor" - a yellow John Deere bike!

We all had breakfast and Hannah didn't eat much because she wanted to ride her bike. She rode it around the living room and kitchen, but had a hard time getting going on the carpet. Then we headed downstairs and opened gifts. We realized afterward, there were too many gifts! Tony actually felt guilty that she had so much, but then again, I did wrap things like puzzles and books separately and I also wrapped some new 3T clothes that I had to get her which normally wouldn't be presents. None-the-less, she got a ton of stuff, but had a great time opening it all!
Here's everyone with their loot - except for me of course since I'm always the one with the camera!



So Hannah got a sleeping bag, books, puzzles, new coloring books/crayons/markers, Barbie Diamond Princess Dolls, a trunk of dress up clothes (from Aunt Susan), Cinderella & Barbie Princess DVD, Disney princess dress up dolls, playdough, a teaset and the Barbie Diamond Castle playset!



I also gave her the quilt I made for her. I'm so glad she likes it!!!


Julia got a digital camera, Dad got some new shoes (let me tell you how stressful it is to buy shoes for my dad!!!) and Tony got some CD's, Kiss stuff and I framed his signed OSU Jersey that he got a couple years ago. I got perfume, a new planner, toaster and coffee pot. It was a really blessed Christmas - no evidence of a bad economy at our house!!!



Then we got some of Hannah's things put together and played a while and Hannah rode her bike outside for a little bit. Suprisingly, she did really well!!
She took a nap and we got dinner ready and ate when she woke up. After Dad and Julia left, we went over to Tony's friend Jimmy's house for a little while. It was another late night.
Friday, we hung around at home all morning and played. By 1:00, I had to clean up the mess! Tony was proud of me that it took until 1 before I started cleaning! Then we just hung out at home for a while and then headed up to the mall to go see "Tales of Desperaux". It was cute and Hannah was really sad when the movie was over - it was a combination of being really tired and cranky and hungry! We just had dinner at Johnny Rockets in the mall and then we went to Target to get a few things.
Saturday, we just hung around for a while and I did a little more stuff around the house. It was 65 degrees today - weird for Cleveland - so Tony took Hannah out to ride her bike for a while. She fell off and into mud, which was the worst part!!! I ran to the grocery store and then came home and started getting things ready for my Mom, Randy and Grandma to come over. They came around 5 and we ate dinner and then opened gifts.
Again, more than was necessary, but nice gifts! Hannah was so excited to open gifts again! They got her Barbie Diamond Castle horse & carriage, the DVD, and dress up clothes and another Barbie DVD (Christmas Carol) and she even got her own set of REAL golf clubs - another appropriate gift from her "Grandpa Golf"!! She also got a princess dress and umbrella from Aunt Nadine & Uncle Dick which she loved! Great Grandma got her a really neat pop up book.




My Grandma liked the quilt I made her and mom & Randy both got gift certificates they can definitely use. They stayed for a little while, but then had to go before it got too late.



Hannah has had a great weekend and it was such a joy to watch her have so much fun! Tony and I are so blessed and grateful for all that we have. I know sometimes it's tough to remember to be grateful, but times like this easily put things back in check and I can say that I'm so fortunate and am so very grateful for all that I have - a great family! Thank you so, so much to all of you! I love you all very much!
PS - I added a slideshow to the top of the blog with all Christmas photos! Feel free to look through them. Double click on the picture to open them up in another window. Susan, this is sort of for you since you weren't here!
2 comments:
The Quilt looks great! Good job!! Glad you had a wonderful holiday! Much Love to You.
Maggie
Post a Comment