So on to where I've been and what's we've been doing..........
Well I'll start with recent and work my way back until I can't remember (which will only be a few days ago!!!)
I took some vacation days today and yesterday to have a garage sale. I couldn't have been any LESS enthused about doing it! I've been trying all summer to get the house cleaned out room by room to get rid of stuff we don't use (or forgot we even had). I did well early in the summer, but then busy got in the way again and I crammed all the work into the last week. It is nice though to have my sewing room back to some order!!! I may even look real hard to find some time to start another quilt!! I have some new babies that don't have a Mary's Makings quilt and they surely deserve one!!! I gave Hannah my first one the other day - she thought it was great. I would still like to make one that's really just for her! She uses the one Maggie made her, but I would like to make one for her too - we'll see about that!
I got the attic cleaned out Wednesday night too. I was a disgusting sweaty mess after that! It's hot up there, but it's sort of "organized" now, so that's good. As for the garage sale, Thursday was what I'd say fairly successful. I got rid of most of my "better" things. No baby clothes though, which is OK because I'll either take some of the name brand stuff to second hand stores or just donate to Salvation Army. I only put out stuff that I probably wouldn't want if there is ever a baby #2. So far today, only two browsers and I've been here over an hour already. Not looking too promising! I have quite the set up though. I'm sitting in the corner of my garage in front of a fan with my laptop - I love wireless technology!!! I actually did quite a bit of work stuff yesterday and today I can do whatever I want - although I'm still connected to work stuff (what a vacation day!!!)
Tuesday was my dad's 60th birthday!!! Happy Birthday DAD!!! We met them for dinner at Longhorn that evening. Hannah had a meltdown about going potty there. She told me she had to go, but didn't want to go on the public toilet. We went in there 3 or 4 times before I finally got her to go. I bribed her by telling her she could have a lovey in the car if she just went. (I didn't go through with it, but only because she didn't ask!!) I think she was tramatized by public toilets from the mall - those automatic flushers don't see her because she's too small, so it flushed while she was on the potty and it's a really loud flush. Poor thing!!! She'll hold it though until we get home.
Monday night was pricing stuff out for the garage sale. Same goes for Sunday night. Sunday during the day, we stopped over at my neighbors to play in the pool and slip-n-slide and then I did my shopping (by the way - worst bargain shopping day in weeks).
Saturday, Tony left for a golf outing in Columbus and Hannah and I cleaned the house, which included garage sale clean up stuff and then went to the library and mall that afternoon/evening.
Last Friday we went to Jerry & Shelly's after work. I haven't seen baby Reese since the 4th of july. We had dinner and played a couple rounds of corn hole and Hannah and Maci played together.
That's about all I remember except I stressed out last week one day and ended up in tears, which made me even more mad because I don't let myself get like that there too often. We're all so busy and tasked to do so much that I pretty much lost it when I had to do this completely non-productive report that served no purpose. Sounds stupid, but after I tried pushing back on my Region Management about how counter-productive it was and that to do it meant that I wasn't going to be able to do the things that were important, I just lost it. The good thing was that on Thursday, my Region Manager was in our office and apologized to me about the whole ordeal becuase he FINALLY realized after hearing from everyone else in our region that I was right and he shouldn't have asked us to do it. Oh well - work is stressful and busy and I just hope one day it's all worth it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment