Not sure what we did Wednesday and Thursday, but I know one of those nights I ended up on my computer trying to do some work. I had it in our bedroom while Hannah watched Backyardagains and Wonder Pets. She also "worked" on her computer next to me!
Friday night, Tony went to a concert and Hannah and I stayed home. We played outside for a little while. She's into riding her train that she got from Grandma and Grandpa K on her first Christmas. It has a track that goes with it, but she has a blast just riding it around the driveway!
Then we went in to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I was SO impressed!! Those Chinese people are something else. The news was hyping up the event, but it really was so fantastic - I was so entertained. Hannah liked watching the fireworks and reminded me about being afraid of them at the party (on the 4th of July). I wasn't able to stay awake for the entire thing - I fell asleep some time about 1/2 way through all the countries marching in. I didn't see the US team, but that's OK. I think the best part was the show before that whole part started. I keep asking Tony to look it up on the internet to see it, but he just doesn't seem that interested? That's OK, he's actually been watching it with me and he wasn't so into it before they started.
Oh, so as I was typing this, I thought of some funny things Hannah has said lately. Last week in the car, I called her "dude" - not really sure why, but it sounded funny so I did it. She responded by saying, "I'm not dude. I'm Hannah Grace" When I kept saying it, she said (in such a proper tone) "Are you Kidding me?" I say that quite often and I realized it even more when I heard my little one saying it just like I do!!! It was funny. Then tonight, I was teasing her - I forget what I said to her, but she said, "Mommy, you're drivng me crazy!"
Ok, on to Saturday. We were sort of lazy in the morning, but then I cleaned the house and did laundry and Tony did yardwork and cut the grass. Hannah stayed in PJ's all morning and even played out on her slide in them! After she napped, we got her dressed and got ready to go to the county fair. We call it the "big fair" so not to confuse her with the one we had on the square here in town last month. We got Hannah a wristband to ride the rides, which ended up not being the best deal since she only rode about 6 or 7 rides. We let her ride a couple, then got her something to eat. We went to see the animals after that. My family is such city-slickers! Tony thought all the animals were being abused and hated that some of them were going to market after the fair and Hannah was afraid to pet the baby cow! We all did pet the goats and thought the baby pigs were really cute! But the tour of the animals didn't last too long.
Tony and I grabbed a bite to eat and then Hannah rode a few more rides. I got her to ride the airplane ride which goes in circles, then goes in the air and back down again. She was Ok until just before it went down, the hydraulic thing let out the big sound of air, which scare her to pieces and ruined the rest of the ride. She cried until it stopped and said she didn't like riding the plane! I didn't get a picture of her crying because I had to "console" her each time it went around telling her it was almost over! But here she is when it was still a fun ride!

Sunday, I was bound and determined to find some good shopping deals - and I did!! I hit Rite Aid, CVS (twice), BJ's, Marcs, Giant Eagle and Walgreens. I got quite a bit of groceries and did some stocking up with things on sale and used several coupons. I ended up spending $119 and saved an additional $49.12 - that's 41%! Ah, I felt so much better now that the deals returned! And then I did one more big bonus buy! I was online at http://couponmom.com which has a link to http://restaurant.com and I bought a $25.00 gift certificate for an Italian restaurant, Bucci's Brick Oven, that we like here in town - for (drum roll......) TWO DOLLARS!!!!! You can go directly to restaurant.com and get $25 gift certificates for $10, but if you go through couponmom.com, there are often even better specials and this one was 80% off (look for the promotion code). Now, some of the rules that go around the use of these have a bit of a catch to them, but their all very ligitimate and it's still a heck of a deal! Our catch was that you had to spend $35 minimum, which meant I had to spend $10.00 above my gift certificate amount, but it's not difficult to get to $35 there and really, spending $12.00 for a $35 meal - GOOD DEAL to me!! Check it out ~ the only thing I had an issue with was that the restaurant.com site took forever to load, but you get the certificates emailed to you and you just print them off! Pretty cool stuff!
Work was just plain old busy today, nothing exciting or really noteworth. Tony had softball and Hannah and I just hung out. I painted her toenails tonight which she thinks is so cool! She's such a great kid!!
No comments:
Post a Comment