So a few months back, I started to lose some of the last of my baby weight. To be honest, the first part came off through some stress. Maybe not the best way, but it was a good jump start. Around that same time, Tony started working out and trying to come up with better eating habits. So we really focused on eating better, eating proper portions and low and behold, I lost more weight. More exciting than the actual pounds I was losing, I lost some serious inches and am getting some tone and definition back to my body. At first, it was exciting to need to buy new clothes again. But then the progress kept coming and I kept needing to buy new clothes. This problem started to get a little pricey and it was frustrating to not be able to wear some of the new clothes I had just bought because they were too big already. I started back to Jazzercise in January and am getting more tone and in some sort of shape again.
I was super excited to buy my first pair of size 4 jeans a month or so ago...I don't think I've ever fit into a size 4! It's not just about the pant size, but it sure feels good to slip them on and they aren't tight at all! I still have about 5 more pounds that I'd like to shed, hopefully without going down too many more inches. My goal is to keep toning up some more and then to sustain a healthier me.
So this isn't the best picture of me, but here I am now, finally under pre-baby weight and still working on being in the best shape of my life - my goal as 40 nears!
Another exciting thing I did with my "new me" was decided that I just wasn't a mini-van mom. So about three years ago, I tried to do it. I really did try. I drove it for three years and there were good things about it, but I never liked driving it every day. I always hated how it felt to just jump in it and go run an errand or go to work every day - it felt like I was taking a bus. Now granted, when we went on vacation or needed it to haul anything, it was super convenient and comfortable, but it was the every day trips that matter most.
So I had seen a new white Jeep Cherokee driving down the road a couple months ago and it really caught my eye. Tony loved his old one and so I figured I'd just go check them out to see if I could get into something I'd like better for a good price. The one thing that I thought I didn't want to fore go was the 3rd row seating that the van had. Again, we don't use it every day, but when we have an extra kid or are going somewhere that would normally require two cars, it's super handy to have the third row. Well, the Cherokee didn't offer that. So the next best thing at Brunswick Auto Mart was to look at the Toyota Highlander. I really liked it!!! But it was totally out of our price range. I had on my super-car buying skills that day and was sticking to my guns on my price and since they were way off, we were going to walk away. It must have been meant to be because the owner of the dealership was there that day and was making crazy offers. I declined his first several, sticking to my guns, but then he made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I got this awesome, white Toyota Highlander, loaded up with leather and heated seats, a moon roof, 4-wheel drive and several other bells & whistles. I LOVE IT!!!

Now, I did give up a little cargo room, but we'll make due with it. It still has good space with the 3rd row seats down, I just lost the floor to ceiling space. But the ride is so great, so comfortable and just what I wanted that I was lacking in the van. So yes, I'm tooting my own horn and letting you all know, I'm just cooler than a mini-van!!!



1 comment:
You look great!! CONGRATS!
And congrats to losing the mini van....although I am at a point in my life where I wouldn't mind one... ;) but maybe that too shall pass!
Congrats!
Post a Comment