Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How'd she get so big?

Hannah is such a big girl now. She's wrapping up her preschool years. Luckily for us, preschool can last a wee bit longer since she goes to daycare year round. She's learned so much and is so ready for kindergarten. She's so smart and can already read - like really can read a book cover to cover. She gets stuck on words and we help her sound them out and she usually gets it. She's pretty good with most level 2 books already. She can do simple math too - addition and subtraction, count by 10's and counts way past 100. I can't believe how much she learned at daycare. I'm so grateful for all they did for her to get her ready to go to school.
She went for her kindergarten assessment last week. We didn't get much feedback, but I'm sure she did great. I asked her if she showed them how she could read, but she said no, they didn't try and she forgot to tell them. She did however say, "I did tell them I was a smart cookie though!!!" She is - a VERY smart cookie and I'm so very proud of her!
We're excited about getting ready for school. We've started buying uniforms, which I love, but might be a hard adjustment from wearing pretty dresses every day! They're super cute though, so it'll be fine once school starts and she gets used to it. I'm a litte sad to be buying size 6 for her though!
She's so pretty - and such a sweet little girl. So very kind, generous, grateful and loving. She loves her little brother and really enjoys her friends. She's going to be a great kindergartener!
This week is safety town. She was so happy to start yesterday. Here she is finishing a bite to eat with Allie on their first day before it started. Today, she's taking a field trip on the school bus to the fire station. It'll be fun to watch her graduate on Friday!
Oh, Hannah, I love you and am so proud to have you for my daughter!

No comments: