Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I'm a little late with this post, but it is an important day so I didn't want it to go without the attention it deserves.
Mother's Day has become my most favorite day of the year. I don't get all hyped up about my birthday or really even about Christmas, but Mother's Day is the one day that I love the celebration to be about me...and all mothers really.
Last year, Tony heard me loud and clear that he should make this the one day he puts some effort into planning a nice day. We don't have to do something over the top or spend a ton of money, I would just appreciate him putting a little thought into making the day special.....and this year, he did!
We got up early for a Sunday and all went to church. It was really nice to all go even if it was the earlier service.
After church, we went to have breakfast. We just had a normal breakfast, which was perfect, but Tony did try to do a special brunch, but it ended up falling through. He called and booked our reservation, but the place called him back later and told him that they overbooked, so they cancelled us. It ended up being fine because it was really probably too expensive for a meal for us. Here's a couple pictures from breakfast.
Nicholas now likes to feed himself with forks and spoons.
And Hannah and I after we ate.
Then we went home and they gave me a couple of gifts....a nice new pair of earrings and a couple of charms for my pandora bracelette. Perfect!
There was another story about the earrings. I sent Tony a link for a pair of earrings I wanted and he ordered them over a month before Mother's Day. He kept waiting for them to arrive and kept checking his order status and the week before Mother's Day, he got a letter stating the item was on back order and they cancelled his order! Poor guy - this is what he gets for trying! So he found another item that seemed like the same thing and it came, just in time and was perfect!
Nicholas laid down for a quick nap and then we headed to my surprise destination. We went to the Botanical Gardens in Cleveland. It was a perfect weather day for sure - sunny and warm, but not hot. This is where the brunch was supposed to be by the way. Anyway, it was really great. We had a really nice time going through the gardens.
Hannah especially liked the glass house and all of the butterflies. She tried to hold one, but was a little nervous about it, so I did it for her....it was cool! There were so many different butterflies and plants - really a neat thing!
Then the outside gardens were full of tulips - giant, beautiful tulips. They're my favorite flower, so it was really nice!
We climbed and explored and it was really quite peaceful and lovely there.
We finished the day with a trip to the grocery store and making something for dinner on the grill.
This was a perfect Mother's Day - I'm so very blessed to have these two beautiful, healthy children to be a mother to and a husband that cares enough to make me feel so special. I'm more thankful for all of them each and every day.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Julia and all of my friends as well! You are all wonderful!

No comments: