Nicholas turned 15 months last week on Wednesday. He seems older than that at times, but then again, it's hard to believe he can be that old already!
He's rotten - pure rotten, but so stinkin' cute too! When people comment about how cute he is, I say, it's just a facade - just give him a minute and you'll see!
He had his well check up on Friday. He's growing and developing very well. He's 25 pounds, 1 ounce (75%), 31-3/4 inches (75-90%) and his head measures 19 inches (75%). He had has been to the doctor too often lately to be poked and prodded at, so unfortunately, he does not enjoy these visits. When they called his name to go in, he sort of planted his feet down and froze, not wanting to follow the nurse. He freaked out at every little thing - being weighed, measured and having his ears & chest looked at. Getting his two shots this time was especially fun! He's gone through the previous rounds of shots pretty easily, but since he's a bit soured by the whole doctor experience and wising up on what's in store, I had to restrain him on my lap.
The good news was he's growing well. The bad news was that he still had some fluid in his ears and is wheezing still a little. I do think it's finally starting to go away, but he suggested giving him some Triaminic a few times a day for a week or so to see if we can clear it up once and for all. I think it's working! I'll be so glad to be over this round of sickness finally after 3 months!
My one concern about him is his temper and anger. I can't understand what this 15 month old can be so seemingly angry about sometimes. He's not being raised in a hostile environment and we don't yell, but this kid can throw a fit like I've never seen, and when he does, he's MAD - like seriously p'd off!!!! I know it's an extreme thought, but I told the doctor I was concerned that he could grow up to be the kid that sets the neighbor's house on fire or something!!! He reassured me that boys are a bit more aggressive and that it might just be part of his makeup (thanks for that gene Tony!), but that he will learn to cope and control it as we teach him how. He said the best thing is to ignore his trantrums and remove him from situations when he's having an outburst. For now, I'll trust that we'll still be able to raise him to be a good kid and hope this is a phase!!! He can be silly and sweet too, so it's not like this is his only demeanor, but when it happens, it seems like he's got issues!
He's pretty much finally sleeping all night most nights. Maybe only once or twice a week do we have to go in his room to settle him down, so that's definitely better. He's a great eater (obviously at 25 pounds!) He's super active, running, jumping and playing hard. He's getting more words - mama, dada, hi, bye-bye, cracker, sissy, thank you and this week, he says purple (and does it really cute - purses his lips and say in a deep voice "po-po"! He does a few signs too - please and more. He can throw a ball and his laugh is awesome to listen to! He loves taking a bath, music and dancing and playing outside. I still get the pleasure of rocking him to sleep most nights - I'm treasuring that as long as I can! He's a bit of a mama's boy right now, which is sweet and frustrating too. I love how much he loves me and how I can comfort him, but when he freaks out every time I leave or walk away, it's kind of annoying!
Here are a couple pictures of him from the other day.
yep, he's a stinker!
but very cute too!
I think he's going to need his first haircut soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment