Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just Checkin' In!

I really don't have much to talk about, but I figured I still owed it to the ole' blog to add a post.

I've had a couple really tiring, busy weeks. Mostly work stuff - just that time of year and some added responsibilty makes for a long week after 5 days! This past week was spent doing my annual performance reviews. I did them differently this year - had just open dialog about all the good things each of my girls have done, the things they need to work on and then some feedback about what I can do to become a better manager and leader. I've got to step up my game a bit this year and I intend on working on a few things that I haven't done well and am generally not that good at - managerial courage stuff. So meetings for the past two weeks have really consumed my time.

On the home front, Hannah and Nicholas finally got over their first colds of the season. I had to finally take them to the doctor a week ago Friday. Hannah's cold just wasn't getting better and Nicholas got a super bad case of eczema that turned into a red rash all over his legs. Nicholas was fine and Aquaphor in mega doses made him better and Hannah needed a 10 day dose of amoxicillin. We're all back to normal now. I thought I was getting a bit of a scratchy throat a couple days this week, but so far, so good!

We had Bible Study at my house last Wednesday. I played poker this past Saturday night. Tony didn't feel like playing. I started off playing well and then made a bad move. I've done some Christmas shopping, need more time (and more money) to do some more! Goals is to be done by the end of the 2nd week of December when I'm planning to take a week of vacation.

Nicholas will be 9 months this week. I'm looking forward to that post where I will update all of the things he's doing now. He's something else!!! Developing quite a personality, although, I'm hoping I can keep instilling some calm as he is a crazy boy with way too much energy!!!







These pics capture some of his personality - yes, we take the good with the bad!
And he is quite the Browns Fan!! He was very sad today!


I'm starting to clean out some baby stuff, getting ready to sell it. There will be another baby resale in the spring, but as we finish with all the big stuff, I've got to start clearing it now. I'll be busy on Craigslist for a while I think.
I've got a Tastefully Simple party scheduled for December 4th. I'm hoping to get that thing back on track next month, I've just been way too busy this month. I've also got a plan to start a new small business next year...more on that later after I get started, but I'm very excited about it!

No comments: