Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gymnastics Update

Hannah's first session of gymnastics ended last week. They did evaluations and then had a "Show what you know" where the kids took their parents around to all of the apparatus to show them all of the things they've learned how to do! The picture taking in the gym is awful, so please excuse the bad pictures.
Hannah does well on floor exercises and on beam



She seems strong, but actually tested the lowest on bars even though her front supports and casts are really improving!



She loves climbing the rope and is getting higher and higher each time!


She loves trampoline and vault and just needs to gain some power behind her jump.
At the end of the night, they had a ribbon ceremony. As all of the other girls were getting their awards, Hannah hoped and hoped she'd get a trophy. Some girls got medals and others got trophies, all got ribbons, but I didn't really understand the process well enough to explain to her.
So then it was Hannah's turn. She got black ribbons for floor, beam, and vault and a blue one for bars - those are for the levels in which she tested (blue being the lowest then black is next - I think red is after that).
Then she got a blue Trophy!!!! I'm pretty sure it's becuase she's passed the entire blue level! She was SOOOO excited and I was so happy for her and so proud!!!







She's awesome!

No comments: