Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Angel (on my shoulder)

So Hannah's been like my little conscious the past few days. So far, now, she's caught me doing things that haven't been "wrong", but to her, I should have made a different decision - and she's probably right! She has no problem telling me so too, and I suppose that's just fine.

Monday night, I was running late to pick her up after work. We have gymnastics at 6:00 and I had agreed to stop and pick Tony up on our way, so I was running about 10 minutes late. Anyway, after I picked her up from daycare, we were going down the one street out of our babysitter's development and I sort of "rolled a stop sign" really, not thinking a thing of it until:

Hannah: "Mommy, you didn't stop at that stop sign"

Me: (stuttering because she was right) "Well, I slowed down, but you're right, I didn't stop all the way. I'm sorry."

Hannah: "That's OK, Mommy. That's OK"

Just about 500 feet ahead, there's another stop sign and I made "a complete stop"

Hannah: (sounding so proud) "That's better Mommy. You did it right this time!"

Me: "Oh, good! Thank you for noticing" (laughing!!!)

And then this morning, as she was going potty, I started brushing my teeth. I turned on the water to wet my brush and then was squeezing the toothpaste on my brush when:

Hannah: "Mommy, you're not saving the Earth"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Hannah: "You need to shut off the water when you brush your teeth. If you let it run, you will ruin the Earth. You have to save the water to save the Earth, Mommy."

Me: (turning off the water) "Thank you for telling me, I'm sorry"

Hannah: "That's OK, Mommy. That's OK. Just remember to shut it off when you're not using it"

I'm so glad that I work hard to set a good example for her because it's clearly obvious, SHE'S WATCHING!!!

Here's a latest picture of my dear little angel

No comments: