Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whew, what a week!

I loved the holiday weekend last week - it was actually relaxing even though we were on the go a lot. As I stated in my last (week old) post, we went to our friend's house on the 4th which was a good time.

The next day, we went out to my mom's for the evening. Randy had relatives in from out of town and then we stayed to watch Hudson's fireworks. They were right up Hannah's alley since you could see them, but not have to hear them! Here are a couple pics from that day.

Isn't she cool?


This would have been a good picture if Hannah's eyes were open. I'm trying harder to make a point to take more pictures with Hannah. I realized after I did Tony's father's day album that pictures with me in them are scarce.


Here's Hannah walking down to see the ducks. She truly believes they are HER ducks!!


The Sunday of the 4th weekend, I think we relaxed a bit. It seem so long ago now that I can't really remember what we did!! We had some leftover cake from Saturday that Hannah insisted we sing Happy Birthday to her because cake must equal her birthday!! The girl loves cake!

Monday night Hannah and I played out in the yard while Tony had a softball game. I tried getting her to take some good pictures with my new daisies in bloom. She wasn't totally cooperative, but here's a couple of what I got.


I had to go to Columbus Tuesday and Wednesday for a meeting for work. It was a long but fast-moving two days. Thursday was the beginning of one of my toughest days as a manager. I had made the decision to terminate one of my employees. Friday was worse because that was the day I actually did it. Let me tell you how long that day was knowing I was doing it at 4:00! It pretty much sucked all around, but I know it was the right thing to do. I'm sorry it came to this, but I did try for a long time to make things work out, but unfortunately, the employee didn't do her part. Ok, enough about that.....
so I got home from work Friday and we had dinner. I was out on the deck watching Hannah play and Tony offered me a glass of wine. It did taste good. We never drink at home, but it ended up being such a great night and we sat on the deck until around 11:30 and our neighbors came over for a little while. It was great to sit out and enjoy the summer night!
I was pretty much exhausted from my week yesterday, so after cleaning the house, I napped when Hannah napped which was much needed. I had a function to go to last night for an organization I'm joining called NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction). I have to say, I'm excited about this opportunity. It should be really good for me both personally and professionally.
Today was hanging out as a family all morning. Then I did my grocery shopping (only spent $59 this week and saved over $15 additional dollars - I love my bargain shopping!!) Then we went to Kohls - the sale wasn't as good as it sounded. And then to dinner at Gran Fiesta (Tony's favorite). We went for a walk and played outside and now here I am. Hannah's in bed and I'm going right behind her! Good night!!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

How do you only spend that much money a week in groceries! I spend double that and I don't have children! HELP! What are you buying!???????? ugh.
Maybe I should do more Monday Meal Plans, eh?