So the old blog was totally neglected last month - sorry!!! I guess it was a combination of being too busy and not really having much to blog about. I also realized that I didn't take a picture almost the entire month - awful, I know!
So anyway, we just got back from our annual spring break vacation to Hilton Head. The weather was terrific, the trip was relaxing and enjoyable, but of course went way too fast.
First, we celebrated Tony's birthday the day before we left - March 31st (his actual birthday). We went to Red Lobster for dinner with Laura, Aaron and the girls since he always gripes about not being allowed to go there. Unfortunately, Nicholas ended up with a tummy ache and cut the dinner a bit short. It was actually OK though because once again, it wasn't that great of a dinner. Tony finally agreed with me that Red Lobster really isn't all that great. He opened a few gifts when we got home and then the kids went to bed and we finished packing for vacation.
We worked on Friday, April 1. I got out around 3 and got gas and finished packing the car. Tony got the kids and we dressed them in jammies and packed everyone up and headed south. We drove just over 7 hours into Jonesville, NC and stayed the night at a hotel. The kids did really great. Hannah watched movies and Nicholas just hung out. He only got fussy when he tried to go to sleep because he couldn't get comfortable. We unloaded for the night and of course by then, the kids were wide awake. Hannah went to sleep easily, but Nicholas was different story. I think we finally fell asleep around 2 am.
We got up, showered, changed and had breakfast and finished the drive for another 5 hours or so to get to the vacation house. We stayed in a unit we stayed in a couple years ago. Mom and Randy were already there and so they helped us unload and we just hung out in the condo that night and made pizza for dinner. We took a quick trip to the beach. I had hoped Nicholas would be a little intimidated by the ocean, but no such luck....he headed right for it! I wondered if that would be a sign for how my week would be!
Sunday morning, we got ready and went out to breakfast and then Mom, Hannah and I went to the beach for the afternoon.
Hannah spent her time at the condo watching TV, playing with her barbies and playing on the computer. She's getting quite good at computer solitare!
Nicholas played with his toys, the stroller, the box and shoes - he is so interested now in trying to put on his shoes! It's funny!
We went to Lands End Tavern for dinner Sunday night.
Monday, the guys golfed and we took the kids to the pool. It was pretty cold in the water. I tried to get Nicholas to go in, but it was just too cold. Hannah had no problem getting in though! She splashed around the baby pool and even got Grandma to go into the big pool with her for a while to swim around.
Nicholas was quite content playing with beach toys on the side of the pool
and then decided to take a snooze in the stroller for a while in the shade.
We grilled burgers for dinner in on Monday night and then just hung out in the condo.
Tuesday's weather wasn't the greatest earlier in the day. Tony and I took Hannah to lunch at Sante Fe
Then we took both of the kids to the playground at Harbour Town. Hannah can finally pump her legs right on a swing.
Nicholas wasn't quite sure if he liked the swing or not.
He LOVED the slide though!
They had fun racing down together.
And for the record, that blue thing on him is a dog leash! I forgot the child harness thing at home and I looked all over for one down there, and the only thing I could come up with was an actual dog leash that velcroed around him and had a leash on his back - it worked!!!
We grilled out for dinner again and then had some Hilton Head friends over for some drinks that evening. Here is an attempt at a picture of me and the kids, however, Nicholas isn't so into picture taking these days!
Wednesday the guys golfed again and we took the kids to the beach. It was warm down there, but a bit windy and unfortunately the sand kept blowing in Nicholas' face. So I let him walk around a while and then he finally figured out that playing in the sand was fun - it felt neat on his hand alas!
So then I got him seated with Hannah and they played for quite a while together.
We laid down for naps and when Hannah woke up, she was running a 101 degree fever. I was so worried she'd be sick the rest of the time, but luckily she was doing better after some Advil. Tony and I went to dinner together that evening to our Japanese place. I was ready to go out after, but surprisingly, he just wanted to go back to the condo and hang out, so we did. Hannah's fever broke that night around 1:30, so luckily, she was fine in the morning.
Thursday morning, we got up and took the kids to Lawton Stables to see the horses and other animals. They enjoyed the animals for sure -the horses and there was a deer that was wandering about to pet.
Hannah had her pony ride again this year. She loves it!
I took Hannah to the pool for a little while that afternoon while Nicholas napped. Then we all got ready for dinner at the Old Oyster Factory.
Today was proof to me that it can be fun dressing a little boy ! Isn't he adorable???
And the big boy with his favorite big sister - they're awesome!
Here we are at dinner
And Hannah with a clam shell!
Tony and I went to the Salty Dog that night for a few drinks after the kids went to bed. It was so nice to be outside on a warm evening!
Mom and I took the kids to breakfast on Friday morning while the guys golfed one more time. After that, we headed to the pool again. The water was much warmer and Nicholas enjoyed splashing around the baby pool this time and didn't mind his life jacket at all.
After that last day in the sun, we all cleaned up and did our family photo session....brief this time since Nicholas was even more uncooperative than Tony!! We were able to get a few good ones.
And then we had one last dinner out at the Salty Dog. We ate outside and listened to the one-man-band guy singing. After dinner, Nicholas was in awe of the singer guy and just danced and danced by him. It was awesome! The guy sure got a kick out of him!
Then we had to head back and pack up for home. We left just before 9:00 Saturday morning and drove straight through, stopping for lunch, a couple pit stops for gas and potty and then again for dinner. The kids did so great in the car all day. We hit some really bad fog in Virginia and horrible rain through West Virginia, but made it home easily by 11:00.
It was a great week - so nice to not think about work and have a taste of summer. It was even more enjoyable to come home to an 80 degree Sunday! We did a bunch of spring cleaning yesterday and the kids played outside. We're so glad it's finally spring here and so enjoyed our spring break vacation again.
Back to reality now and hopefully not so neglecting of the blog....it's hard to write such long posts!



































No comments:
Post a Comment