Well, we actually rang the new year in OK, but 2011 is off to a rocky start for us.
We had the Hardins over for New Year's Eve, which was fun. None of us were too super thrilled about the whole New Year's Eve thing, but we had a nice dinner together and then just hung out talking, laughing and trying to keep one another awake!
We got to make fun of Aaron with his cool mustache!! He didn't like the reference I made about it, but as I researched further, I'm sorry....I was spot on!


And the girls had fun playing and staying up til midnight.



We pretty much called it a night shortly after watching the ball drop and everyone headed off to bed.
We were really lazy all day Saturday - stayed in our jammies all day and really didn't do much of anything productive, which was a rare, but refreshing change for me. Well, I quickly figured out why I had no energy or desire to do anything around the time of putting Nicholas to bed. My stomach started doing not-so-nice things and I got chills and headed to bed around 9:00.
I hardly slept all night fighting getting sick. I literally stayed in bed all day Sunday with a fever and tried sleeping most of the day. Tony was a huge help and handled the kids all day. My fever started to go back down in the evening, but I still felt awful.
I was off on Monday, but the kids went to daycare and Tony went to work. I was feeling better, but not great, but had a normal day of bill paying, catching up on some stuff and then grocery shopping. I picked the kids up and took them to gymnastics.
We got home and put the kids to bed and Tony got home from work and after talking about his awful day for about 10 minutes, he went straight to the bathroom and got sick for the rest of the night....YUCK!
Hannah woke up Tuesday morning with a tummy ache and quit eating her breakfast after about 3 bites and then I knew we were in trouble.....she followed that with throwing up about 10 mintues later.....more YUCK.
I got Nicholas ready and took him to daycare and I went to work while Tony and Hannah stayed home and rested. Hannah seemed better that evening. Tony, not as much.
Hannah woke up Tuesday morning with a tummy ache and quit eating her breakfast after about 3 bites and then I knew we were in trouble.....she followed that with throwing up about 10 mintues later.....more YUCK.
I got Nicholas ready and took him to daycare and I went to work while Tony and Hannah stayed home and rested. Hannah seemed better that evening. Tony, not as much.
Kids went to daycare Wednesday and Tony ended up coming home sick from work again, but the report from daycare wasn't the greatest - they seemed off. Hannah didn't each much dinner and we had spaghetti, which she normally devours, so I knew she still wasn't 100%.
Thursday, Tony was doing better, but then Nicholas had a few bad diapers and threw up at daycare at the end of the day and Hannah's belly still was not so hot - she didn't really eat anything for dinner.
Today, it was better for all, still not 100%, but we're on the mend finally - at least I hope! We hope this weekend is better and we're all feeling better for next week.
Hopefully this isn't a sign on how this new year is going to go for us because I have some big goals for the year that will take us in a much different direction. Maybe I'll share them soon to make them more concrete.....we'll see!
Happy New Year and I hope you all have a healthy, happy 2011!
1 comment:
We were sick starting the day after new years as well. It was a crazy bug that got everyone around that time!!!! awful sick! glad we are past that!! hope you are too!
Post a Comment