Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The PERFECT Chair!!

I think I had shared my dilemma a while back about the chair for Hannah's desk - for her new bedroom furniture, right? Well in case I didn't, I'll briefly give the low-down.

Since one side of her loft bed is a desk, there was a chair that went with the bedroom set. A $140 chair. I opted not to buy the $140 chair thinking I was SO smart and could find a wooden chair anywhere. The problem, I couldn't find a single thing that would work, except to pay $100+. I had pretty much given up hope and was going to go back and buy the actual chair that went with the bedroom furniture figuring if I was going to spend over $100, I might as well make sure it was going to match perfectly.

So anyway, a few weeks ago, I started chair searching again online for some reason. I stumbled on Ikea's website - why, I'm still not sure. There isn't an Ikea around here and I've never been to one, although I hear nothing but good about it. Anyway, I found a chair on their website that seemed to be a good match - for $39!!! One problem solved (found a viable option for a chair), but I created a new problem.....had to purchase in store only and it really wasn't really worth it to drive 2 hours to Pittsburgh which is the nearest store.

However, I had a great plan. There is also a store in West Chester, OH, which is in the Cincinnati area. My Cincinnati District office also happens to be in West Chester, so I sent my counterpart there an email asking her if she wouldn't mind going there for me to get the chair, knowing I was going to see her today for a meeting. She happily agreed to be my personal shopper so I sent her the money and the chair I had picked out. She ran to the store yesterday and then brought it with her to day to Columbus for our meeting.

I put it together tonight when I got home and I can't believe how absolutely perfect it is!!!!! And it was only $39!!!! It matches perfectly, fits the desk perfectly and is really a pretty solid chair that should last the life of the bedroom furniture!!





So I just have to say, I've once again found a perfect deal with some patient waiting and looking around! I'm getting better at this so I'll have to keep it up and not impulse buy stuff anymore! I sort of like the personal shopper thing too, but I won't push my luck!

No comments: