Then it was the 4th of July weekend. We h ad two calling hours services to go to that weekend, which was no good. Friday, we went over to a friend's house for a while. It was fun to hang out there and the kids had fun. We left around 10:00 and when we pulled in our driveway, I realized I had left my purse on their deck outside. How Annoying!!!! I didn't want it to be left out there all night, so we called them, but couldn't get a hold of them. I had no choice but to drive back over there (20 minutes each way) to get it. What a pain!!
Saturday, the 4th, we went to a party over at another friends house. That was fun too. It turned out to be a nice day - not too hot and no rain, kinda perfect for a party. There are a ton of kids now between everyone. It's so funny that they have multiplied like they have! Here's a picture of the group of most of the kids.
Then we watched as they put off a few fireworks. Hannah wasn't afraid this year. She still doesn't like the loud noise, but at least we were able to watch them outside without a freak out session. Here's the way she watched them:
Then that Sunday was hot and sunny, so I got out Hannah's pool and we hung out in the yard most of the afternoon. I got sunburned again...I think that'll be about the last time I sit out in the hot sun without using any sunscreen. I have a feeling my skin has had enough!
My mom's been in Italy for a couple of weeks now. She actually gets home late tonight. I'm anxious to hear about the trip and see her pictures. From the few check-in's she's made, it sounds like she and my aunt are having a great trip!
I got Hannah's flower girl dress. It's a little too big, so I'll have to get it altered a little. The good news is that she seems to like it pretty well - and it does spin!!!! I'm also going to look for some fabric to make (or have made) a colored sash and bow to match the bridesmaids dresses - if I can get a color swatch and then actually find fabric to match. My dilemma now is where the heck to find her ivory shoes! I've looked online a little and I"m not so thrilled about spending $60 for a pair of she's that she'll most likely never wear again! I'm definitely going to have to keep looking around.
I really can't remember much of what happened last week - I guess nothing that noteworthy. I had my NAWIC meeting on Thursday. I really like going to those. I hope to get more involved this year. I've already been asked to help co-chair the holiday social, so that will get me involved for sure and keep me sort of busy.
And then last weekend was really busy. Tony went down to Columbus for the weekend for Bo's bachelor party. I dropped him off on 71 Friday night where Randy picked him up. Hannah and I stopped for ice cream and then went home. Saturday, we went to gymnastics and then back home for lunch and naps. Then we went grocery shopping and to dinner at her favorite place - Applebee's. Not sure why she loves going there so much? Then Sunday, wen drove down to my dad's. We picked Tony back up there by the highway and then went to this tractor show down by my dad's. The weather was great for the day! (I used sunscreen!!!) Hannah had a blast! There was this tractor-train that pulled a whole bunch of cars made out of 55-gallon drums. She loved riding that!
Then she participated in the kidde tractor pulls. She was one of the only 3 year olds. I think she only went about 7-1/2 feet or so, but she tried really hard. Her legs weren't quite long enough to push the pedals, especially with the weight of the sled behind it. She also went for a horse & wagon ride and rode around with Grandpa on the Gator.
Oh, and one more thing I need to brag about. My 3-1/2 year old (at the end of this month) can now count to 100!! It's crazy! Just about a month ago, she finally got to 30 and now she counts to 100 - all the way and doesn't miss a number! It's amazing, she's so stinkin' smart! The first few times we did it, I had to give her all the 10's (40-50-60-70-80 & 90), but then yesterday in the car, she did it all by herself! The only number I had to help with was 80 because she said 100 after 79 (in a hurry to finish I guess) It's so cool!! She can write all of her letters, which she's been able to do since last fall. She's finally mastered riding her two wheel bike (with training wheels of course) and she can hop on one foot - both legs. The left leg took a lot of practice. She's so amazing!!!
I guess that's about it for now. I may have something else blogworthy to post soon, so maybe I won't be gone for so long next time.







No comments:
Post a Comment